I wrote a recent post about possible delays with USDA Rural Housing loans. The good news is that the delays were very short lived and USDA is back funding loans once again!! There have been some small changes made to USDA but the overall benefit of the programs remains intact.
Just in case you are reading this and asking, “what is a USDA loan?? I thought they approved beef?” Here is a quick overview of the program and its many benefits:
- 100% financing
- It is possible to financing closing costs and even some repairs
- Great low fixed rates (similar to FHA rates)
- Very low monthly mortgage insurance (called something different, but its the same thing as PMI)
- Restricted to certain areas and income limits (http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do)
- Easy qualifying quidelines (you don’t have to have great credit to qualify)
If you would like to learn more about USDA loans in Charlotte and the surrounding areas, give me a call at 980-721-7478. Most of Mecklenburg County is ineligible but most of the area right outside of Charlotte is eligible for this great mortgage program. I offer a FREE pre-approval service if you would like to find out if you qualify.